The 2021 ASID Washington Metro Chapter Design Excellence Awards competition recognizes and honors our members for their outstanding design achievements that go above and beyond serving the needs of their clients. We continue to support and strengthen our design community by blurring the lines of residential and commercial projects. We are seeking projects that exhibit innovation, embody creative leadership, and demonstrate how Design Impacts Lives.
We have provided nine total categories, seven of which are for projects that have been designed, developed, and completed. The eighth category, “Outside the Box,” is open to ALL chapter members (Associate, Allied, Professional, Student, and Industry Partners). It encourages applicants to think differently and submit anything from fashion or graphics to poetry or product design. The ninth and final category allows student chapter members to submit their conceptual projects for a chance to be recognized by our world-class judging panel.
- R01 Environments Designed for Personal/Private Living (Single Family Residential)
- R02 Environments Designed for Public Living (Multifamily Residential)
- C01 Environments Designed for Work (Workplace)
- C02 Environments Designed for Entertainment and Recreation (Hospitality)
- C03 Environments Designed to Promote Health and Wellness (Healthcare)
- C04 Environments Designed for Learning (Education)
- C05 Environments Designed for Retail (Retail)
- A01 Outside the Box (All Members - Student use Promo Code STUDENT for reduced rate)
- ST01 Conceptual Design (Student)
- Submission site opens for entries: Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 12:00 AM EDT.
- Early bird deadline: Monday, May 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT.
- Final submission deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT.
- Chapter Celebration and Awards Ceremony: September 2021 (final date TBD).
- Professional Categories: $150 per entry through May 31st early bird submission deadline, then $200 per entry.
- Student Categories: $25 per entry.